Discovery Meeting #1
February 4 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
We partner with Christ-centered ministries for 12 months; beginning each August. All ministries need to apply for partnership and we only do that once a year.
Eligible ministries must attend a Discovery Meeting before being invited to apply for partnership (application period is March 1 – May 1). There will be 2 dates to choose from in February…you only need to attend one. The Executive Director of the ministry must be in attendance. Discovery Meetings will be held via zoom.
The purpose of the Discovery Meetings is to help nonprofit ministries know if they are potential candidates for partnership with The Get Together. You are welcome to attend this 1-hour meeting to discover if this may be a good “fit” for your organization. Here are a few of the guidelines that we’ll share at the meeting:
Eligible nonprofit ministries must:
- Have attended a Discovery Meeting prior to application.
- Be Christ-centered in mission
- Serve a unique need in the Greater Houston area
- If international, have a strong presence in Houston with a local Executive Director
- Have a full-time Executive Director and full-time Volunteer Coordinator or Development Director
- Have the personnel capacity for the Executive Director to attend every lunch (last Wednesday, Sept – April) and an orientation meeting in August. In addition, the nonprofit must assign another key staff member in a leadership position to be the second point of contact and assist ED with follow up communication with The Get Together business network.
- Have monthly needs that are both skill-based and tangible goods that will increase their ministry’s capacity to make a greater impact in the city.
Note: The Get Together is not a foundation and does not raise money on behalf of organizations. Partner Ministries are not permitted to ask for money. Our network is designed with the business person in mind and provides an opportunity for them to use their professional network, professional skills and resources to assist vetted Christ-centered nonprofit ministries. This event is free but registration is required.